This is the ledger entry for the fourth day of our trip (our third day in the UK).
Weather – Cold and windy, spitting rain.
Date – Saturday, May 8, 2010
Left – didn’t leave Bath
Arrived – stayed in Bath
Breakfast – Annabelle’s Guest House (no charge, part of room rate) – Rated good/very good.
Lunch – Lime Lounge*, (near the Royal Crescent) Bath (£18.00) – Rated very good.
- The Lime Lounge was closed, sometime after September 2012. I believe a new restaurant, called Restaurant Eleven is located there (at 11 Margaret’s Street, Bath).
Dinner – Tilley’s Bistro, Bath (£26.50) – Rated excellent
Lodgings – Annabelle’s Guest House, Bath (£00.00 for today). The balance was paid on the 9th, and is counted on that day). Rated good/very good.
Misc. Expenses – £11.50 + £9.50 = £21.00 Bath City Bus Tours; £1.00 for Bath city map and book; £6.90 for weekend parking at the train station in Bath, £10.00 for entrance fees to the No. 1 Royal Crescent Museum; £14.99 hat for Minay; £1.80 for 2 Bath Buns (snack); £5.00 donation at Bath Abbey = total of £60.69 for today’s Misc Expenses.
Car Expenses – none yet.
Day’s Total Expenses –
- In Pounds: £105.19
- Equivalent in Dollars: $159.89
Trip’s Cumulative Expenses –
- In Pounds: £2,334.44
- Equivalent in Dollars: $3,548.35
Daily Average So Far – (for four days)
- In Pounds: £583.61 *
- Equivalent in Dollars: $887.09 *
* Note: These amounts seem ridiculously high in the beginning because of the cost of the airfare and the other purchases made in advance. The daily average will gradually decrease as the trip continues. I’ll stop mentioning this after this entry, but you’ll notice the daily average will gradually shrink as the trip continues.
Today’s Mileage – Zero mileage, didn’t drive.
- Finish: 2,543
- Start: 2,543
- Day’s Total Mileage: 0
Accumulative Mileage Total – 133
Next up, my Trip Diary entry for this day.