From here on, the blog is going to be about the trip itself. Each day will be presented in at least four separate posts.
The first post for each day will consist of pictures taken on the trip, with a slight variation for the first day. That day the post will be a sampling of a baker’s dozen (or more) of pictures from the whole trip (pics from Stonehenge, London, Stratford-Upon-Avon, the Lake District, etc.), just to whet your appetite (because we were just flying that day); and then we’ll do a photo album for each day of the trip, one album each month.
The next post will be a ledger page for the day (basically some details about the day, the weather, meals we ate, where we stayed, how far we drove, etc.). We kept a notebook and filled in the details each day, partly to jog our memories later, and partly to keep a record of how much money we were spending (so our finances wouldn’t run away from us). Here’s a scan of one of the pages, just so you can see what it looked like.
The last two posts for the month will consist of one day’s recollection of the day (a trip diary) from me, and then one from Minay. Each diary entry will be spaced a week apart (and should arrive every Thursday). So, here’s what you can expect for the next four weeks:
- February 6, 2014 – A sampling of pictures taken throughout the trip (just to whet your appetite).
- February 13, 2014 – Trip Ledger for May 5, 2010 (the first day of the trip)
- February 20 2014 – Michael’s Trip Diary for May 5, 2010
- February 27, 2014 – Minay’s Trip Diary for May 5, 2010 (to give a different perspective)
- Also, we will occasionally follow Minay’s diary entry with a copy of an e-mil we sent home to Lyndy, Minay’s sister. The e-mails were written while the events of the previous day or so were fresh on our minds, so they will have a slightly different flavor than few-year-old recollections.
Then in March, 2014, we’ll do the same thing for the next day of the trip, May 6th, 2010 (beginning with a sample of pictures just from that day), and continue from there. Hope you enjoy it. Let us know in the comments either way.